In June of this year, mouse bought a 16 mm f1.4 DC DN lens and a 56 mm f1.4 DC DN lens. After two months of several uses, I’m going to talk to you about my experience in the use of Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens. But if this article is written as the introduction and demonstration of Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens, it will be very boring.
it happens that Mozi still has a canon ef50mm f / 1.8stm lens on hand. Considering that many of Canon’s EOS M system’s photographers are more cost-effective users, and many friends who are interested in Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens will also face a choice question:
therefore, this evaluation will be based on Canon ef50mm f / 1.8stm lens and Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens comparison as a starting point to show the performance gap between the two lenses.
However, as the Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens is the original ef-m bayonet, it can be directly installed on Canon EOS M50 fuselage. However, Canon ef50mm f / 1.8stm lens can only be used by using EF to EOS m lens adapter ring.
in many people’s eyes, the focal length of 56mm is similar to that of 50mm, and the difference between F / 1.4 aperture and F / 1.8 aperture is less than 0.7. From the perspective of taking it for granted, it seems that the advantages of Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens are not very big?
under the condition of “same position”, the comparison of virtual effect between Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens and Canon ef50mm f / 1.8stm lens is as follows:
we can see that there is a certain gap in the perspective of the two lenses. The angle of view of Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens is obviously narrowed by a circle, and the difference of virtual facula outside the focus is very obvious, Canon ef50mm ef50mm lens The virtual facula of F / 1.8stm lens has obvious “out of focus bilinear”, and the contour of the spot is very obvious. However, the virtual spot of the Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens is not only larger, but also softer. The facula in the central area is basically “fused together”, without clutter.
2. Canon ef50mm f / 1.8stm, as a typical “double Gaussian structure” lens, is obviously inferior to Shima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens in F / 1.8 aperture. Compared with F / 2.8, although the difference is narrowed, it is still weaker than that of Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens.
3. The performance of Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens is needless to say, even the sharpness of full aperture f / 1.4 is “perfect”.
friends who have paid attention to the Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens may know that this lens has serious “imaging distortion” problem.
fortunately, there is a good relationship between Sima and canon. The “EOS m Sima three swordsmen” launched this time have built-in lens correction data. On Canon M50 fuselage, in addition to the “digital lens optimization” option, lens data are provided such as “peripheral light quantity correction”, “distortion correction”, “color difference correction” and “diffraction correction”.
according to mouse’s personal preference, I usually turn off the “lens aberration correction” item of the camera.
but the distortion and distortion of Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens is too serious, and it can not be corrected in dpp4.0 software in the later stage. Therefore, when using this lens, I personally suggest that you turn on the “distortion correction” item of the camera.
in Canon dpp4.0 software, CR3 files are directly imported into Photoshop software, and the sizes of TIFF images generated are different.
that is to say, the Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens will lose about 9% of the pixels after in-machine distortion correction. However, if you use Canon DPP software to decode raw files, the output JPG image size will be processed to 6000 × 4000 pixels regardless of internal distortion correction. Therefore, turning on “distortion correction” will affect the sharpness performance of Sima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens, which is the reason why mouse brother did not turn on “distortion correction” in the resolution test!
1. Shima 56mm f1.4 DC DN lens can focus more quietly and hardly hear any sound. However, Canon ef50mm f / 1.8stm lens has obvious “click” sound.
1. For portrait shooting, the influence of “spherical aberration” of ef50mm f / 1.8stm lens becomes smaller due to the extension of shooting distance. And the real shot is hand-held shooting, so the sharpness gap in the focus area is not as obvious as shooting RMB.
3. The white balance of the two groups of pictures is locked to “Sunlight” mode. The color change of the contrast picture should be caused by the change of natural light. From the experience of real shooting, the performance of the two lenses with Canon M50 is very good. Continue ReadingIqoo5 series debut strength interpretation of “120 super full mark flagship”