The company announced that it had withdrawn from the notebook market, and its products carried the memories of a generation

According to foreign media reports, Toshiba recently transferred 19.9% of its shares in DYNABOOK to sharp and officially withdrew from the PC market.

it is understood that in 2018, Toshiba sold Toshiba customer solutions company, which operates personal computer business, to sharp, and transferred 80.1% of its shares. In 2019, Toshiba customer solutions changed its name to DYNABOOK. This time, Toshiba will transfer the remaining 19.9% of its shares to sharp. With the completion of the related transaction, DYNABOOK became a wholly-owned subsidiary of sharp, which also meant Toshiba officially withdrew from the PC business.

Toshiba is the founder of notebook computer history. In 1985, it launched the world’s first notebook computer t1100. Subsequently, Toshiba’s satellite and portege product lines were favored by consumers, and once became the world’s largest notebook computer manufacturer. But with similar products launched by apple, Dell and other brands, Toshiba has been impacted in the PC market.

in response, Marina kocheva, an analyst with CCS insight, an industry analysis agency, said that although during the new epidemic, the demand for notebook computers in the global market increased due to the influence of people working and learning at home. But overall, the PC market has been sluggish in recent years.

kocheva further pointed out that the sales volume of personal computer market has been declining year after year. If manufacturers want to stand out, they still need to maintain the production scale and ensure that the products are of high quality and low price. Counterpoint announced top 5 best selling models: domestic iPhone 11 tops the list

Author: zmhuaxia